In the world of social media, Twitter has made it to the list of the most popular social media a few years backs and still ranks among the top influential social media platforms.
Twitter is basically a social networking site that offers microblogging services to its users by enabling them to read as well as write short messages. These short messages are known as ‘Tweets’ and hold a character limit of 280 characters which was earlier of only 140 characters.
According to the recent reports that were released by Statistica, in the second quarter of the year 2018, the total number of active Twitter users crossed the mark of 335 million users.
Along with writing messages, the users can also upload photos and post short videos on Twitter but what many people are still not aware of is that Twitter is an excellent platform for lead generation.
Techniques for Lead Generation on Twitter
Yes, you can use the social networking site for generating leads for your business and for that you do not need to own a business that belongs to a specific industry vertical. So, let’s dive straight into how you can use these simple techniques for generating leads on your Twitter:
1. Competitor Analysis
In order to use Twitter for business leads and their generation, the first thing that you need to do is competitor analysis. Analysis of your competitors is important because this will give you a rough idea about your competitor strategies on this social media platform.
Just start by searching for tweets by your competitors, to make your search more efficient search for their hashtags or the ones related to them. With this, you can further gather the information on your competitor’s services and whether or not their customers are happy about it.
For example, you came across a negative feedback of your competitor’s service on their Twitter account, then you can easily build a connection with that customer by offering your services to them with a deal like a free consultation session with experts or an extra discount.
2. Prioritizing Twitter Followers
By prioritizing we do not mean that you should solely focus on your twitter followers first but it is essential to provide them the importance that they deserve. So whenever you are sharing your website’s URL on your Twitter account, don’t simply send them to your site’s homepage but make a separate landing page for them.
Because with this dedicated page for your twitter followers, you are also preparing them to be included in your marketing strategy. The main objective behind creating this separate landing page is getting their email addresses so that we can connect with these users outside of Twitter. With this extra information, using Twitter to acquire leads for your app or any other service, can come in quite handy.
3. Looking out for Industry-related questions
Because Twitter is a microblogging platform, a significant number of users turn towards this popular social media platform to look in for answers to their questions especially the ones that are industry-related. Here, you can look out for the questions or queries that are related to your field of industry.
By replying to these questions about your industry-related field, you are actually building a base of the audience who trust your answers and suggestions when it comes to services and products. You can even use several tools for this purpose as they are available in the market, one of them is ‘topsy’.
With topsy, the user can easily apply the main keywords that are related to their industry or field of business on Twitter and can find out the questions asked as per those selected keywords. For example, a customer asked a question about android app then he/she gets indirectly related to the questions on app development.
4. Using Relevant Hashtags
When it comes to Twitter, hashtags play a very important role in app marketing via Twitter. This is because the whole concept of Twitter is built around hashtags, think of these hashtags are an identity proof that is used by people to let others know about their support for a particular event, service, brand or even for a celebrity.
That’s why the use of relevant information will lead you to people having similar interests. By using hashtags, your chances of generating leads with twitter increases immensely. So every time you tweet, ensure that you are including relevant hashtags with respect to the tweet’s content as you don’t want to confuse or mislead the audience with false, irrelevant or incomplete information.
Also, did you know that using just one or two in your tweet increases the chances of your tweet being retweeted i.e. covering the larger portion potential audience for lead generation?
5. Using Twitter Lead Generation Cards
The Twitter lead generation cards is a great Twitter strategy for your app business or any other business. With twitter lead generation cards in 2018, you can now easily generate leads by adding more content to your tweets which is rich and informative in nature.
With these informative tweets, the users are more likely to click on the tweets for expanding them. Once the user expands the tweet the extra added data will be visible to the user and the user’s data like name and contact details are automatically submitted. This also increases the chances of your form getting filled with genuine user’s information who are interested in your products and services.
Useful Tips for Lead Generation on Twitter
Now that we have covered some of the top strategies for generating leads through the platform of Twitter. The next thing we will be covering are some crucial tips that need to be followed in the Twitter lead generation.
As per the Twitter’s own reports, some recent statistics that were obtained are:
- Approximately 70% of Twitter users have purchased an item or product/service.
- More than 65% of the users on this social media platform have discovered a new business.
- Around 90% of users following those companies or brands on Twitter from where they are planning to buy something.
Below are some tips to improve your Twitter lead generation strategy and maximize your business revenue:
- Optimizing the posting schedule: As you might already know, that every social media platform has a different routine where the audience engagement is the highest. That’s the reason why you need to first analyze the posting schedule for your tweets. Tools like tweriod and HubSpot are the most known for this purpose. With the help of these tools, you will get an idea of what are your most engaging days and timings to post a tweet.
- Creating separate Twitter accounts: If you think you can proceed to post about your business from your personal account to generate leads, you are wrong. You need to have a separate account for your business so that you can follow a professional approach for expanding your business. Our suggestion would be to have a personal as well as professional account to obtain a higher audience reach.
- Pinning your Tweets: A wide majority of Twitter users are not even aware of the pinning feature of Twitter and let alone its true capability. It has been seen that many Twitter users have never pinned their tweet before. But these pinned tweets can act very beneficial in providing a boost to the visibility level of your content. Pin the single tweet that contains a link to your business landing page which will be able to drive traffic to your website.
- Use LIve video feature: In the last few months, you might have noticed that the option of live feed is being used more in comparison to last year. Because this is what the audience is currently looking for i.e. videos tend to get thrice the number of retweets. And if you want your step up your video marketing tactics, then going live is the best option.
We hope that we have answered your question regarding ‘how to generate twitter leads’ by using the above-mentioned strategies. And don’t forget to implement these highly efficient tips to reach your aim of lead generation through Twitter’s platform.
And if you like to stay up-to-date with various different social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram then hit that ‘Subscribe’ button to never miss another awesome article on social media platforms.